Seasonal Sports Field Maintenance Worker
Job Type: Full-Time; Seasonal; 40 hours per week; weekends and holidays required, overtime when required; Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $18.50 / hour (Year 1)
Duration: March 7 - November 19, 2022
Work Location: Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY 10035
The Seasonal Sports Field Maintenance Worker will report to the Director of Grounds and the Sports Field Manager and will work with other members of the crew to maintain the surfaces of the athletic playing fields, both natural grass and artificial turf, and assist with daily ball field preparation. The Seasonal Sports Field Maintenance Worker will be required to work on-site, primarily outdoors and on weekends and holidays.
- Work with the Randall’s Island Sports Field crew to assist with daily turf maintenance including, mowing, seeding, fertilizing, watering, leveling, laying sod, removing debris and ball field dragging.
- Assist with a variety of projects which can include: aeration, hydro-seeding, drainage, and maintenance building renovation.
- Operate hand tools such as pole saws, loppers, hand saws, rakes, tampers, and shovels.
- Operate equipment such as push mowers, weed whackers, hedge trimmers, and backpack leaf blowers.
- Operate large equipment such as motorized utility vehicles, and commercial mowers.
- Ensure all equipment is secured and well-maintained, including: washing, greasing, fueling, and arranging for service of equipment.
- Assist other departments, when needed.
- Perform other general tasks as assigned.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather, under strenuous conditions
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, and holidays
- Ability to use light power equipment and hand tools
- Ability to perform physical labor; must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to collaborate and creative positive working relationships
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Experience in golf course and/or turf maintenance
- Good communication skills
- Valid Driver License
- Pesticide license
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in a diverse and an inclusive workspace and environment. RIPA maintains confidentiality of all applications and therefore will never contact a present employer without prior consent from the applicant.
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online