(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: March Compensation: $24+ hr
Family owned, New York City based garden design and maintenance company looking for a experienced gardener to work from the beginning of March to early December. Most clients are located in Manhattan. Work sites include: public spaces, private gardens, courtyards, rooftops and terraces.
Currently, we are looking for a gardener to work with our experienced staff.
- Site Assessment: Identify and address horticultural and maintenance tasks to be completed in green spaces.
- General Garden Maintenance: Weeding, pruning, planting, digging, transplanting plants and shrubs, raking, watering, distributing mulch, unloading trucks, mowing, and other landscaping tasks.
- Execute: Plan, prepare and execute gardening and company related tasks with management, crew members or independently.
- A minimum of three years experience in landscaping or horticulture (must be able to provide references).
- Able to work in fast pace environment while ensuring quality in all installation and maintenance tasks.
- Strong communication skills with both team members and management on all logistic and garden related tasks.
- Must be a able to take direction, work collaboratively with crew members and have confidence to take tasks on independently.
- Must have working knowledge of trees, shrubs, perennials and native plants and how to properly maintain, prune, shape, soil preferences, etc.
- Attention to detail of horticultural tasks, tool maintenance and client property.
- Must have a “can do” mentality with a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
- Must be responsible and punctual throughout the season.
- Physically able to work outside in all weather conditions and lift over 50 pounds.
- Must be respectful and forward facing to clients.
- Being bilingual is a plus
- Compensation based upon experience ($24+ hr). Opportunity for advancement!
- Travel compensation
- Paid holidays
Gardens of Distinction