Forest Hills Gardens Corporation is a neighborhood maintenance organization located in Forest Hills, Queens. Forest Hills Gardens is 175 acre community which dates back to 1907 and includes detached and attached homes, apartment buildings, churches and businesses as well as landscaped areas, public parks, sidewalks and streets. Our professional crew is responsible for the care and maintenance of common areas including landscaped areas, public parks, pathways, sidewalks and streets. We are located a short walk from public transportation (NYC Subway E, F, M and R trains at 71st Avenue/ Continental Station) as well as the LIRR Forest Hills Station.
We seek a hardworking, experienced Senior Groundskeeper whose responsibilities will include:
• Driving commercial trucks and tractors on property
• Maintaining drainage and sewers
• Using lawn mower, spreaders, leaf blower and snow removal equipment
• Planting grass, cutting lawns, trimming and edging walkways and flowerbeds
• Planting, pruning and shaping shrubs and trees
• Spraying fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides
• Raking and removing leaves; collection and removal of trash and litter
• Snow removal and salting of sidewalks and driveways
• Repairing and painting fences, gates and walkways
• 3+ years of experience as groundskeeper, maintenance or landscaper
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License and able to become licensed for Commercial Vehicles possible)
• Strong communications skills and general maintenance aptitude
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
• Self-motivated, able to work as part of a team and independently
Work Schedule and Compensation: Monday - Friday (7:30 am - 3:30 pm)
Compensation will be based on experience and expertise.
Please email email@example.com with your experience.