Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. We are looking for a full time garden installation foreman to join our team. This key position is responsible to manage our garden installations. As a site-based position, the work will primarily be hands-on with some office based planning work. Qualified candidates should understand container and backyard gardening within an urban setting. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a requirement.
The position is right for someone who is resourceful and excited about working outdoors while meeting daily goals with care and attention to detail. Work is outdoors in all weather and requires heavy lifting (at least 50lbs) as well as working on your feet for a sustained period. The position reports to the designer and office manager.
- Read and understand site plans, implement design with proper installation skills.
- Collaborate to create production schedules with Production Managers, with a responsibility to meet these schedules.
- Manage a small team to finish projects on time and on budget with attention to high level of quality control and best horticultural practices
- Coordinate with management, construction, lighting & irrigation and installation staff to complete garden installations
- Develop daily production goals and delegate activities
- Conduct site meetings to inform support staff of daily goals and progress
- Manage daily tasks and pivot as needed to ensure smooth onsite operations
- Attendance at morning and afternoon load-ins/outs, including truck driving
- Direct & work (hands-on) with site team to deliver, install and clean up planting installations.
- Supervise delegated tasks while instilling a positive work environment, balance positive reinforcement with corrective guidance.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise with a resourceful attitude
- Assume responsibility for maintaining a safe and clean jobsite both at the end of each day, and at the projects end.
- Update daily work logs and relay progress information to management staff and clients when necessary
- Attend and engage in team planning and company development meetings
- Assist in hiring and engage in performance evaluations for support staff
- Implement on and off-site training for support staff, attend training for personal development
- Maintain tools, warehouse & truck orderliness
- Manage inventory and requesting material ordering as required
- Expansive knowledge base of urban landscaping
- Clean driver’s license, Ability to drive a box truck
- OSHA 62 certified
- Collaborative and can-do attitude
- Meticulous and detail-orientated, with a positive attitude and respectful presence at all times
- Excellent Communicator while reporting to, directing and working with all staff
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic who takes pride in their work
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role, outdoors in inclement weather
- Ability to trouble shoot effectively and effectively decision-make on job sites
- Comfort and willingness to communicate and log data on smartphone apps
- Strict adherence to covid-19 safety guidelines
We are pleased to offer paid time off, company matched 401k and health insurance benefits for FT staff.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience to: email@example.com
Elevations Landscape Design + Build