Site Manager - Inventory Arborist
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, INC. (DRG) has opportunities as a Site Manager and is seeking qualified field staff to provide construction oversight for projects in the New York City area. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing, and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada. DRG offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including access to industry-related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. A full-time position includes the option to buy company stock after one year. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Job Description: The Site Manager will supervise staff and oversee work on a variety of construction projects in the NYC area. The Site Manager will provide our clients with the services and solutions needed to efficiently and effectively support field staff, assure the quality of data and reports and ensure staff safety. Qualified candidates will also be expected to supervise construction and properly document the contractor’s quality of work and progress. They will be responsible for enforcing on-site safety, enforcing contract specifications to client standards, keeping written and photographic documentation of the work, and performing pre/post-construction inspections. Individuals will represent the company and the client at professional meetings and will communicate ideas, technical information, and industry intelligence as appropriate.
This work will occur remotely along city streets within the five boroughs. Specific task training is provided. Ability to work outside in various weather conditions and in urban environments is imperative. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently are also required. Computer literacy is required since the work involves the use of advanced technology equipment such as handheld computers, pen-tablet computers, GPS equipment, and GIS tree management software. Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is strongly preferred for the required documentation on these projects.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
- Provide leadership and support for field crews
- Assist Project Manager with staff scheduling and coordination
- Review data and fieldwork for quality assurance
- Communicate staff needs to Project Manager
- Represent the company and the client to the public
- Communicate ideas, technical information, and industry intelligence, as appropriate
- Oversee tree preservation and construction services performed by the contractor
- Identify tree species and tree risk assessment
- Record tree data on pen-tablet computers
- Ensure that contractors perform work safely and up to client standards
- Daily and weekly reporting of quantities & progress on contract
- Ability to communicate effectively/assertively with contractors
- Two to four-year degree in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Science, Plant Biology, or other related studies.
- ISA Certification; Or acceptance to take the ISA Certified Arborist exam, to be passed within the first 3 months of hire.
- Minimum 1-year working experience in arboriculture or related field
- Tree identification skills
- Proficient working knowledge of computers, including basic Excel use
- Ability to work outdoors in various terrains and weather conditions
- Current U.S. Driver’s License and Driving Record in good standing
- Urban forestry experience preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of tree pests and diseases
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) or other related higher-level certifications
Please apply directly on our job board: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=56967&company=DaveyTree&username=