Sports Field Maintenance Worker
Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round; 40 hours per week; plus overtime when required; Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $16.25 - $22.00 / hour
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package 60 days following date of hire (health insurance, paid time off, etc.)
Work Location: Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY 10035
The Sports Field Maintenance Worker will report directly to the Sports Field Director and the Sports Field Manager and will work with other members of the crew to maintain the surfaces of the athletic playing fields, both natural and artificial turf.
- Work with the Randall’s Island Sports Field crew to assist with daily turf and ball field maintenance including: mowing, seeding, fertilizing, watering, leveling, laying sod, removing debris, dragging and rolling.
- Assist with a variety of projects which can include: aeration, hydro-seeding, drainage, field renovation and maintenance building renovation.
- Operate hand tools such as pole saws, loppers, hand saws, rakes, tampers, and shovels.
- Operate small equipment such as walk and riding lawnmowers, weed whackers, hedge trimmers, and backpack leaf blowers.
- Operate large equipment such as motorized utility vehicles, tractors and skid steers.
- Ensure all equipment is secured and well-maintained, including: washing, greasing, fueling, and arranging for service of equipment.
- Perform other general tasks as assigned by the Sports Field Director and the Sports Field Manager.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Experience in ball field maintenance
- One (1) year of materials applications experience
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Pesticide license a plus
Two (2) years’ experience in turf maintenance (greens keeper, groundskeeper or landscaper)
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online