Sr Manager Flower Garden & Property Care
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Compensation: $115,000 - $125,000
We are Marders, one of the most multi-faceted businesses on the East End of Long Island.
At Marders we don’t just plant trees. We design, build and maintain landscapes that fit individuals and that enhance their properties.
Our garden store supplies and sells special products for home and garden, along with a vast variety of above-ground plants that are always available at our 18 acre main property.
We host events for the entire community, from garden workshops and environmental lectures to holiday open houses to art, design, and film exhibitions. Marders is looking to people who are passionate about landscapes as well as about the quality of the lifestyles that are created within and around them.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for room to grow and be part of a smaller company with a warm and inviting culture. The right person for this role will have confidence, natural interpersonal skills, a resourceful and team player mindset, and enjoys relationship building.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Senior Management Participation
- Participates as an active and contributing member of the Senior Management Group and other sub-groups as appropriate representing property care & flower garden.
- Maintains a constructive and highly interactive relationship with the other departments to maximize sales, value and streamline efficiencies and communication, including but not limited to:
- Accounting on budgeting, monthly and annual reporting, costing, scheduling, reforecasts, etc.;
- Human Resources on employment related issues.
- Goal Setting
- Develop organic programs for lawn and gardens regarding Property Care & Flower Garden.
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of Company organizational strategies, goals and objectives to ensure efficient operations.
- Create and implement a Company Flower Garden & Property Care Management Manual that establishes standardized policies and procedures and Best Horticultural Practices applicable to each project and the organization as a whole.
- In conjunction with the Strategic Business Plan, works with the asset managers, property care and flower garden managers, creative/leasing teams to establish written goals, horticultural and financial, and objectives relative to properties.
- Establishes written objectives/strategies with individual property managers relative to each property.
- Provides guidance and motivates property managers to obtain results, both at the property level and at the management office.
- Monitors all of the above to ensure consistency with expectations.
- Manages all property management staff, account managers, foreman and crews.
- Assists the property managers in selecting employees for the property care and flower gardens, department.
- When hiring property managers, check references and effectively coordinate the interviewing process.
- Takes appropriate action, when necessary to reward, reprimand or terminate property managers with HR. Training
- Builds & Leads orientation, benchmarks and training of account managers, foreman and crews.
- Trains property managers on Company policies and procedures, Best Practices.
- Ensures that all employee training needs are assessed, and necessary training programs are designed and implemented to meet staff requirements and safety requirements.
- Evaluates and approves any outside training for property managers.
- Be aware of all material property management, property care and flower garden issues.
- Through continuous property visits/property inspections and quarterly review meetings, assesses and communicates account manager and foreman crews performance against Strategic Business Plan goals.
- In accordance with Company’s policies, reviews all established goals and objectives with account managers in a timely manner.
- Evaluates property managers, counsels and recommends areas for improvement.
- Makes annual salary recommendations based on overall performance ratings for property managers, and reviews and approves property care and flower garden, managers, foremen and crews salary recommendations for the management office staff.
- Effectively communicates in both verbal and written format.
- Conveys essential information concisely and in a timely manner throughout the organization, as appropriate.
- Facilitates clear and concise communication by account managers, foreman and crews directly to asset management and senior management, and vice versa.
RESOURCE TO PROPERTY MANAGER
- Supports the property managers in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives through the application of daily oversight, forecasting schedule and weekly touch base.
- Documenting all incidents and holding quarterly reviews.
- Provides continuing training to the property managers by sharing knowledge.
- Supports and assists property managers in solving property operating issues.
- Effectively manages and leads property care and flower garden managers, and all admin office staff.
- Ensures that all property management offices are properly staffed and operated effectively in accordance with Company standards.
- Works closely with property management administration professionals in the implementation of Company’s policies and procedures, Best Practices.
- As appropriate, approves disbursements that exceed the account managers’ approval authority.
- Ensures regulatory and local law compliance.
- Reviews and approves the annual budgets for the property care and flower garden management department and prior to submission to asset managers for fiscal approval.
- Monitors the account managers’, foreman and crews performance relative to the Strategic Business Plan strategies and the related budgeted goals and objectives.
- Supports the property and flower garden departments in their efforts to manage operating expenses and major delinquency problems.
- Responsible for each manager receiving the proper level of accounting services from the Company accounting group.
- Work closely with Company Accounting to ensure all reporting and billing is done on a timely basis and accurately.
- Be involved in the fall and spring reforecast (budgets) process, ensuring timelines are met and accuracy and standardization in reporting, as outlined in the Company Best Practices.
- Gardening: 5 years (Required)
- Property maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Horticulture: 3 years (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Team management: 3 years (Preferred)
Contact Name: Christopher Miceli