Stewardship + Install Team
Refugia Ltd, a native landscape design/build and stewardship firm based outside Philadelphia, is currently seeking hands-on individuals excited about working within Landscape Stewardship + Installation. Consciously led, and locally grown, Refugia offers an exciting opportunity for advancement within an innovative landscape design/build. Successful candidates will join our growing Stewardship/Install teams that collaboratively maintain 100+ residential properties throughout PA, DE and NJ. This is a trainable position - prior gardening experience a plus; team-player and strong work ethic most important. We are always interested in meeting motivated individuals who are seeking to transition from other disciplines.
Non-seasonal, full-time, based out of Narberth PA, located 20 mins from downtown Philadelphia.
$15-20/hr or commensurate with experience. Benefits include* paid time off with paid holidays, group health plan, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and the opportunity for advancement within an innovative landscape design/build.
*All benefits are subject to a 3 month probationary period. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds, with diverse resumes showing a unique skill set.
Application via email to ADMIN@REFUGIADESIGN.COM with subject ‘Master Gardener’:
- Contact details for 3 references
- Cover letter expressing your experience, interests and future goals
- Native landscape maintenance including: weeding, managing invasive plants, pruning, planting, addressing plant health, applying mulch, fertilizing, and aesthetic maintenance.
- Assist with large-scale installations (residential and commercial) and site prep.
- Assist with potting, weeding, and watering in the greenhouse.
- Assist with plant deliveries and pick-up.
- Prior experience working in landscape stewardship as a volunteer or in a professional capacity a plus
- Background in horticulture, forestry, farming, ecology, arboriculture, landscape design, land management or related field a plus
- Passion for native plant communities with skills and/or desire to learn to ID native, ‘nonnative’ and invasives
- Interest in ecological residential design and stewardship
- Attention to detail and aesthetic awareness
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Punctual, organized, motivated and diligent
- Experience working within additional modalities a plus - eg. hardscaping, carpentry, fine arts
- Ability to lift heavy objects (50 lbs +) and perform strenuous work in heat and inclement weather
Refugia Ltd is an ecological landscape design/build and stewardship firm, with our design office located in Narberth, PA. Since 2015, Refugia has been offering distinctive native landscape design for both residential and commercial green spaces throughout the Greater Philadelphia Area and Jersey Shore. Annual exhibitor and award-winner at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s Philadelphia Flower Show, Refugia is known for an immersive, naturalistic design aesthetic and meadow expertise at projects ranging in size from city yards to suburban estates.
Ground-breaking initiatives include the Ecological Greenway Network of 100+ productive native habitats that promote connectivity and biodiversity. Goals include the expansion of drone technology and ArcGIS tools to focus on long-term ecological monitoring, to better understand biodiversity and ecosystem status, threats and changes while refining Design & Stewardship methodology.
Additional Refugia services include the design/build and curation of custom hardscaping and outdoor living components, including innovative collaborations with Yards Brewing Company, STARR Restaurant Group and Bryn Mawr Film Institute.