Summer 2023 Internship
A leading practitioner in the design and implementation of native meadows as well as woodlands and gardens, Larry Weaner Landscape Associates creates beautiful, low maintenance, and ecologically beneficial landscapes on properties of all sizes. LWLA combines deep horticultural knowledge with ecological expertise in the design and management of long-lasting landscapes that are functional as well as beautiful. LWLA is based in the Philadelphia area but does work throughout the eastern seaboard.
To learn more about our firm, please visit our website: http://lweanerassociates.com/
This is a paid, in-office position based in the Philadelphia area. The internship will require forty hours per week and will be a combination of office and some field work. Start and end dates can be flexible according to the intern’s preferences, to be coordinated with the Managing Principal. The intern will work with staff as needed with tasks directly apportioned by the Managing Principal and Senior Associates. Occasional overnight travel will likely be required.
Project/Design Assistant Duties (will not be limited to, and may include):
- Assisting with site inventory, inventory analysis, site measurements and creation of base maps.
- GPS Mapping (training will be provided).
- Creation of proposals.
- Design and design documentation assistance.
- Ecological research as requested by staff designers.
- Assistance with creation of management documents.
- Plant and materials procurement assistance.
- Occasional light fieldwork (plant layout, meadow seeding)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite)
- An attention to detail, critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with plants native to the northeastern United States and basic ecological processes.
- Be able to effectively manage his/her own time.
- Inquisitive and goal oriented.
- Willingness to learn and participate in a diverse range of support tasks.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format (not to exceed 10MB) via email to Ani Knauff, at email@example.com.
No telephone inquiries please. While we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Larry Weaner Landscape Associates
Contact Name: Ani Knauff