Summer Freelance Gardener
Work closely with Citizen Grower to install and maintain gardens in New York City. Horticultural work experience is preferred including planting and caring for plants. Freelance only. Also, might include work on office tasks and selling garden products.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2019 Summer Garden Opportunities. No phone calls please.
Citizen Grower creates edible landscapes, container gardens and planting workshops for all ages.
Responsible and trustworthy workers with the ability to show up when scheduled.
- Planting and seeding for garden installation
- Watering, weeding and deadheading flowers.
- Working in an outdoor space in all weather conditions.
- Occasional retail online data entry and tabling/selling at retail events.
- Ability to travel locally to job sites.
- Valid New York State driver’s license is a plus.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Professional and positive demeanor and ability to collaborate.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.