Traveling Merchandiser/Sales -Seasonal
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: Mid March Compensation: $20-$25 an hour
Regions: Travel in Westchester NY area, Western Lower Connecticut area
Company Overview: Large wholesale greenhouse operation servicing large chain stores and supermarkets. Products include a diversified portfolio of plant materials including Annuals, Perennials, and Garden Mums.
Job Description: The Seasonal Field Merchandiser is a key representative for our nursery while in the Customer locations and will serve as a main communicator to our customers. You will provide the customer with our vendor support on their premises with daily store visits within an assigned territory.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Visiting customer facilities such as large chain stores and supermarkets within assigned region
- Information sharing with the customer such as upcoming deliveries, plant care, pricing
- Achieve sales goals set out by the customer
- Provide merchandising support with store teams
- Work will be primarily on the road and remotely. May require monthly ( about 3 times per season ) visit to growing facilities on Long Island for recaps and farm facility tours of upcoming products.
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Remote work and travel within assigned territory
- Basic computer knowledge, iPad, Microsoft Excel, E-mail, Texting
- Strong interpersonal, communication, motivation, organization, and follow-through skills
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- Must represent nursery with the highest level of professionalism, while adhering to company policies and procedures
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel extensively. Travel costs reimbursed.
- Employee drug test required, paid by employer
- Must have access to cellular phone during business hours: company cell phone is offered and company Ipad
- Supermarket work experience, understanding of supermarket corporate culture is a plus
- Available for peak season March 5 through October 15. M-F and some Saturdays
- Merchandising: 1 year
- Sales a plus
If you are a high-energy self starter with an interest in bedding plants, plant care, merchandising, sales, and interacting with people, then consider a seasonal position as a field merchandiser.NORMAN KEIL NURSERIES -
Job Type: Full-time/Seasonal
Norman Keil Nurseries
Contact Name: Karen Infantino