Compensation: $35.37 - $39.30 Hourly
The Town of Greenwich is seeking a Tree Climber.
Skilled work in the care and maintenance of shade trees requiring high climbing and technical skill and knowledge in treating, pruning, insect and disease management, fertilizing, bracing and general caring for trees. Considerable hazard is involved because work is frequently performed at considerable heights. Skill is required when felling trees or branches to protect property from damage and to safeguard other workers and the public from injury.
- Climbs trees, using ropes, ladders, or in an aerial lift, to remove entire trees, prune trees by removing dead, dying, diseased and weakened branches or leaders to improve overall health and appearance. Maintains safe working conditions at all times while performing work necessary to complete tree work operations, including, but not limited to running “ let down lines”, chipping brush, bucking wood, limbing of fallen trees and branches, raking and sweeping.
- Operates stump-grinding equipment to remove tree stumps.
- Performs insect and /or disease management treatments by spraying with pesticides, injection of systemic pesticides, or cultural treatments under the supervision of a licensed arborist.
- Plants trees and shrubs in accordance with approved standards and specifications, which include properly mulching newly, planted trees and shrubs and maintaining mulched trees.
- Inspects trees for insect, disease and cultural problems. Collects and prepares samples from trees for outside diagnostic testing.
- May be required to assist in snow plowing and highway maintenance during inclement weather.
- Performs related work and keeps records as required.
- High school graduate plus three years experience as a tree climber working for a Connecticut licensed arborist or equivalent licensed organization or arborist, a certified arborist (I.S.A.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience. However, all applicants must have 1 year of work experience as a tree climber.
- Must obtain a Connecticut pesticide applicator’s license within six months of appointment.
- Commercial Driver’s License required prior to participating in the Performance Examination.
The Town of Greenwich is dedicated to Diversity & Equal Opportunity Employment
Please submit an online application for consideration prior to the posting close date of 8/9/2022 at 4:00pm.
Town of Greenwich
Website: Apply Online