User Support Technician
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: 02/28/2023 Compensation: $53,700 to $67,100 (based on level of experience)
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
The User Support Technician provides technical support for computer users who work at the Central Park Conservancy. Responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware and software problems, installing desktop computers with standard software packages and working with park-based computer users to assist with and enhance their computer skills. The User Support Technician will also support basic network configuration and wide area network infrastructure, configure and support smart phones and mobile devices and provide audio/visual set-up and support.
- Troubleshoot and solve computer (hardware/software) related problems on-demand.
- Conduct set-up and installation of new hardware and software at multiple sites.
- Assist Network Administrators in set-up of computers on Wide Area Network.
- Assist at park-based locations as directed by Director of Information Technology.
- Above average knowledge of Office 365 suite including the Admin Tools.
- Provide emergency on-demand support and assistance to all CPC locations.
- Provide mobile device support including, MDM (mobile device management) and configuring new units.
- Enhance user productivity through training and one-on-one instruction.
- Ability to track and prioritize requests via our tracking software.
- Represent the goals of the IT department when it comes to requests and manage that aspect when necessary.
- Uphold the security and privacy standards outlined by the Senior IT team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in information technology.
- Driver’s License required
- Strong communication, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative style; strong customer service skills
- Experience working with software deployment tools
- Computer/Windows imaging skills.
- Knowledge of P.O.S. software, PowerShell and AD a plus.
- Ability to analyze information and communicate results to team in a succinct manner.
- Knowledge and experience working with MACs a plus
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
Central Park Conservancy
Website: Apply Online