Vegetable Garden & Cut Flower Internship
About Us: We are a Private Estate and Garden located in Greenwich, CT. Our gardens consist of a formal vegetable garden, a formal cut flower garden, a production-oriented vegetable garden, a formal rose garden, extensive woodlands, a wildflower meadow, a propagation greenhouse, and a display greenhouse.
Job Description: The intern will report to the Head Gardener and the Vegetable Gardener, as well as work alongside and learn from the assistant gardeners to ensure the highest quality of horticulture and design across the garden. A large portion of the internship will be growing and maintaining the cut flower and vegetable gardens, with heavy focus on propagation, scheduling, and record keeping in the garden. There will also be maintenance across the gardens, including but not limited to container displays, pruning of shrubs and specimen trees, clearing of brush, weeding, and planting projects. Additionally, interns will be required to profile 1(one) plant of their choosing every week. This is a seasonal position, up to 6(six) months long.
- Are currently enrolled in a Horticulture program or have equivalent work experience and a desire to further your horticultural knowledge
- Are positive, energetic, and have a strong work ethic
- Can lift 50 lbs. repeatedly, and can squat, kneel, bend over, and reach for extended periods of time
- ·Are punctual, time efficient, and responsible
- Are respectful of client spaces and fellow team members
- Are able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Are familiar with and able to use common landscape tools and equipment
- Are willing to work in challenging weather conditions (hot sun, cold rain, etc)
- Can follow directions and complete assignments efficiently
- Are detail oriented
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (pdf or word files please)