Visitor Experience Associate
Start Date: ASAP
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St.Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
Little Island seeks a goal-oriented and self-motivated Visitor Experience Associate to join the Visitor Experience team.This team fosters and maintains a welcoming, safe and positive atmosphere within the park, and the Visitor Experience Associate will perform a variety of administrative tasks to support all department systems processes and administration. The ideal candidate will have experience working administratively for a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment. This role is full-time, year-round and reports directly to the Visitor Experience Manager.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
HOW TO APPLY - Visit our website to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at
Drive administrative support for the Visitor Experience team. Responsibilities include:
- Tracking, managing and supporting an evolving calendar of events and activities, liaise with other departments as needed
- Gathering employee availability and conflicts and coordinating all shift assignments and schedule communications with the Visitor Experience department in service to creating the weekly shift schedule
- Tracking expenses for Visitor Experience Department and individual projects , consolidating purchases, reimbursements, and monthly reconciliations as directed by the Visitor Experience Manager
- Coordinating meetings, special projects, and events for the Visitor Experience Manager and larger team
- Updating the Visitor Experience team’s daily checklåist of assignments, activities and events
- Overseeing the Visitor Experience team’s department-specific inventory, ensuring all items and equipment are well maintained and ordering new equipment as needed
- Manage the administration of the Visitor Experience department management including approving employee payroll, tracking and communicating about employee attendance, and drafting department correspondence
- Partner closely with the Operations department, Visitor Experience Manager, and Lead Visitor Experience Supervisor on the hiring and onboarding of the Visitor Experience department
- Support the Visitor Experience Manager on the annual budgeting process and reforecasting throughout each fiscal year.
- Support the Visitor Experience Manager in the collection and archiving of all incident reports for Little Island.
- Support the coordination of projects and work assignments of the Hospitality Fellow
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 2+ years working in an administrative capacity for a department head
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills with a dedication to the details and systems
- Experience supporting a a large team of part-time employees, preferred
- An enthusiasm for public space and working outside
- Valid NY-State Driver’s License, preferred
- Availability to work nights, weekends and holidays as requested
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start ASAP
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.