Zoological Park Maintainer
Wildlife Conservation Society New York Aquarium
Park Services Department
Zoological Park Maintainer- Horticulture
General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision, directs and performs responsible work in the maintenance of zoological park grounds, equipment and facilities; performs related work.
Examples of Typical Tasks
- Performs the work of Zoological Maintainer in general grounds keeping including assisting with snow removal or special work in tree trimming.
- Is responsible for all work requiring application of horticulture skills.
- Operates and cares for hand and power tools and equipment and makes necessary operating adjustments to same; reports need for repairs and replacement.
- Operates Vehicles in performance of work, including snow plow, fork lift, bobcat and other WCS Vehicles.
- Check materials used and inspects completed work. Inspects the work of outside contractors for conformance with contract of work order specification.
- Perform various tasks in connection with cleaning of grounds and painting of fixtures and equipment
- Supervise subordinate employees, including temporary workers, organizing their work, instructing them in gardening techniques and in proper use and care of materials and equipment.
- Prepare reports and perform related work as required.
EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS AND ALL HOLIDAYS
- Five years experience plus classroom training.
- Must have a New York State Driver’s License.